11650 Olio Road, Suite 1000 #360
Fishers, IN 46037
PO Box 6457
Indianapolis, IN 46206-6457
ARELLO uses non-volunteer resources to support the work of our membership. Use the information in the table below to contact the administrative staff at ARELLO.
The ARELLO team is always available to answer informational requests, communications related to established services and functions, and policy discussions with senior professional staff. Please remember, requests which would require significant time or budget resources, or require policy changes, must be channeled through proper ARELLO governance procedures.
ARELLO Staff Directory
|Chief Executive Officer
|Chief Financial Officer
|Chief Technology Officer
|Director of Marketing & Communications
|Director of First Impressions
|Director of Distance Education
|Exam Accreditation Program Administrator
|Law & Policy Coordinator
|Senior Application Developer
Meet Your ARELLO Staff
As ARELLO’s CFO, Anna is responsible for preparing financial statements, cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, budget and forecast, audit, tax returns, payroll, and has a relationship with investment advisor. Anna is the staff liaison to the Finance Committee.
Reasons to contact Anna:
- Need to make a payment
- Need an invoice
- Need a refund
- Questions on any financial related activities
As Chief Technology Officer, Darren is responsible for maintaining ARELLO’s technology infrastructure. He oversees the development of all web applications, like the public and member website at arello.org, the License Verification Program at arello.com, the ARELLO Timeshare Registry (ATR), the Disciplinary Action Database (DADB), the Distance Education Certification Program at idecc.org and cms.arello.org, and several others. Darren is the staff liaison to the IT/Communications Committee and Timeshare Committee.
Reasons to contact Darren:
- You need technical support with an ARELLO website or technology service (for example, if you have technical issues registering for a meeting, or if you can’t login to arello.org).
- You’d like to add or correct some content on an ARELLO website or the mobile app (for example, adding meeting materials for your committee).
- Your jurisdiction is interested in participating in an ARELLO program, like License Verification or Disciplinary Action Database.
- You want to schedule a Zoom meeting for your committee.
- You or your committee needs technical support for one of your projects (for example, the Law & Regulation Committee’s use of Poll Everywhere for their presentation at the Annual Conference).
As Director of Marketing and Communications, Sonia works with ARELLO's volunteer leaders to enhance the organization's strong reputation and engagement levels. She oversees the association's marketing and communication efforts, social media channels, industry trends, branding, and content development efforts.
Reasons to contact Sonia:
- You have inquiries about the marketing of ARELLO events or how your organization can participate or benefit from these events.
- You need information on ARELLO's branding, such as guidelines for logo use or brand guidelines.
- You are interested in partnering on content creation, whether its for the ARELLO Boundaries eMagazine, social media platforms, or webinars.
- You want to provide feedback or suggestions concerning ARELLO's marketing and communication strategies.
- You are a jornalist seeking information for a media story.
As Director of First Impressions, Calleigh provides executive support and serves as the primary point of contact for all matters regarding the CEO's Office. She serves as the liaison to the board of directors and senior management team, coordinates executive outreach, and oversees special projects.
Calleigh is also responsible for supporting ARELLO’s membership through great customer service and clear, accurate communications from Headquarters. She works alongside Kristin Rosan in creating and distributing Boundaries each month. Calleigh leads our marketing and communication efforts throughout the year. She serves as the staff liaison to the Program and Membership Committees.
Reasons to contact Calleigh:
- You have questions for the CEO's Office or would like to schedule a meeting with the CEO
- Your committee needs additional support (excluding IT)
- You have questions regarding special projects or are interested in a special project for the association
- You have questions about your ARELLO membership account, such as you want to confirm your membership status, or your membership has lapsed and you want to renew
- You need to add a new employee to your account or change who is listed as your account administrator
- You want to refer someone to join ARELLO as an Affiliate Member
- You have questions about a committee you’ve been assigned to
- You have general questions about attending or sponsoring an ARELLO Conference
As Director of Distance Education, Dana is responsible for managing the distance education course certification program. She partners with the Education Certification Committee to promote the program and implement Standards, Policies and Procedures. Dana also oversees the Certified Distance Education Instructor program and interacts with those seeking and holding the certification. Additionally, Dana supports the goals of the Investigator/Auditor Committee, is the main contact for the CREI and SCREI designations and is instrumental in the planning and promotion of the ARELLO Regulatory Investigations Seminar (ARIS).
Reasons to contact Dana:
- Distance Education Certification: Seeking certification, questions about standards, policies and procedures. Information/verification of about certified courses
- Certified Distance Education Instructor (CDEI) : Questions about the certification and required coursework. Verification of credential
- Certified Real Estate Investigator (CREI) and Senior Certified Real Estate Investigator (SCREI): Questions about the certification and application process and verification of credential
- ARELLO Regulatory Investigations Seminar (ARIS) – Responds to member inquiries related to registration and programming
As the Exam Accreditation Program Administrator, Janet assists the Exam Accreditation Committee in its operation and continuous evaluation of the program. The program provides independent review and evaluation of real estate licensing examinations and the methodology used in developing and maintaining them. The program also promotes license recognition through acknowledgment of examination results among jurisdictions.
Reasons to contact Janet:
- An examination provider has questions or concerns about applying for accreditation or reaccreditation of its exam.
- If you have general questions about ARELLO’s Exam Accreditation Program.
As ARELLO’s Law and Policy Consultant, Kristin generates the content of the ARELLO Boundaries eMagazine, which tracks relevant developments in real estate licensing and regulation including legislation and rules, court decisions, business models and technology, and other matters of interest. Kristin also provides support for ARELLO workgroups and law-based initiatives, projects, and presentations and performs various additional law-based research and resource development work, as assigned by the Chief Executive Officer.
Reasons to contact Kristin:
- Further information about information appearing in Boundaries
- Boundaries article reprint information
- Help with spreading the word about new license law developments in your jurisdiction
- Information and suggestions on researching administrative/license law trends and issues
Chad focuses on developing and managing existing applications, websites and data services for members and customers. Chad also providers technical assistance to members and customers using the these services. Examples of services are Arello.org, Arello.com, ATR (Time Shares), DADB (Disciplinary Action Database), Digest Survey, IDECC.org, MHS (My Honor Society), etc.
Reasons to contact Chad:
- You are interested in using one of our online services and have questions
- You require technical assistance with one of our online services (service errors, account related, feature requests)