The ARELLO Examination Accreditation Program provides an independent review and evaluation of real estate licensing examinations and the program methodology used in developing and maintaining those examinations. The program promotes licensure recognition through acknowledgment of examination results among jurisdictions.
Accredited Examination Providers
|Examination Provider||Initial Accreditation||Accreditation Expiration|
December 31, 1994
December 31, 2024
PSI Services LLC (PSI)
October 1, 1993
September 30, 2028
How to Apply for Accreditation
To apply for accreditation, please review and complete the application form, submit the appropriate fee, and provide a narrative, supported by appropriate reference materials that separately address each of the specific guidelines as identified in ARELLO Examination Accreditation Program Guidelines for Accreditation. The form can be found below under ARELLO Examination Accreditation Application Instructions and Application Form for Accreditation/Re-Accreditation of Examination Program.
If you have questions, please contact the Examination Accreditation Program Administrator.
Examination Accreditation Program Resources
ARELLO offers the following resources to assist you in becoming more familiar with examination development and the accreditation program.
- Program Highlights
- Program Guidelines for Accreditation
- Basic Item Writing Principles
- Principles for Writing Real Estate Mathematics Items Including Examples of Problems in Items and Solutions
- White Paper on Determining Minimum Passing Scores
- Considerations in Developing Examination Requests for Proposal for Real Estate License Examination Services
- Top Ten Questions & Complaints on Licensing Exams
- Application Instructions and Application Form for Accreditation/Re-Accreditation of Examination Program
Jurisdictions Utilizing the ARELLO Examination Accreditation Program
- Arkansas: Salesperson exam only.
Jurisdictions NOT Utilizing the Program
|Arizona||Jurisdiction specific examination|
|California||Develops and administers own examination|
|Florida||Develops own examination; administered by testing vendor|
|Minnesota||Withdrew from program effective July 1, 2023|
|New Jersey||Withdrew from program effective July 20, 2022|
|New York||Develops and administers own examination|
|Wisconsin||Develops own examination; administered by testing vendor|